Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Going Away Soon" Recordings (Mechanics of ) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Going Away Soon" Recordings (Mechanics of ) ?

Greetings, I posted this on the Tivo Community Forum and got several answers unfortunately none of them addressed the question being posed so hoping someone here may have an understanding and be able to provide some enlightenment.

Just to be clear I'm not looking for info as to how to avoid programs appearing on the list, I get how and why that happens and removing recordings or increasing available disk would resolve, I'm more interested in a better understanding of what criteria is used so I can better target what needs to be cleared ahead of time so that recordings are not unintentionally deleted.

Thanks..

Hoping to get some working details regarding the operation of the "Going Away Soon" list, this is one of the TIVO inner working I really don't have a grasp on and it seems I'm frequently losing recordings that I would otherwise wish to keep.

Amongst the things I'd like to know more about are.

1. How far forward does it anticipate a need to delete recordings and is there a set amount of space needed it calculated per forward recording hour/min ?.

2. When does it execute the deletions ?.

3. When does the list update, when I view this list it often will list recording as "Tommorow" when they are actually todays deletions (i.e. Today is Monday and there are programs listed as Tommorow however after that group the next group appearing is "Tuesday".

4. Does the list update immediately when either New future recordings are added, or existing recordings deleted ?

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide..
Working...
X