Series 3 External HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 External HD

I have a series 3 TCD652160 that the external HD had been giving me problems. Failed the test once, removed it and was able to get it to work again. then about 5 months later it started up again. After the same test shows it failed I replaced it with a Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB. It recognizes it when I do the Hard Drive 54 SMART test and also when I go to Tivo central >messages -settings> account -system information > system information.

I have unplugged the Tivo & External HD several times , cleared and deleted everything. After a few days it did say a update was downloading so the software version that I took a snapshot of 11.0n.K1-01-02-652 could be the new one. I didn’t notice what it was before I did the clear & delete all.

Occasionally it will ask me if I want to connect the external hard drive but when I try it keeps telling me its unsupported?

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Right - only that one WD drive will work as a plug and play drive on your model. A Seagate won't work.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Okay, I was sure I read somewhere that others AV drives would work

Comment

With either a different TiVo (TCD648250B) or if you send us the external and the TiVo, yes, they will.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Finally read that winmfs.exe could fix this. I removed the Series 3 drive & connect both to my PC. Right clicked on winmfs.exe and ran as administrator. Selected tivo HD as the source and Seagate as the secondary. Clicked select, clicked on tools and then msfadd and said yes. Reinstalled both drives to tivo and external enclosure and noticed it was now married.

Comment

Working...
          X