No Information about Antenna Channels for my ZIP Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Information about Antenna Channels for my ZIP Code

I just installed an antenna and switched my Premier from a cable card to the OTA signals. The antenna works fine and I get all my channels going directly into TV tuner. I did a clear all reset on the unit and am now trying to do an intial setup. I get as far as entering my ZIP Code. The unit then connects to the internet via an wired ethernet connection after which I get the following message.

“No information exists about antenna channels for ZIP Code XXXXX.
    You’ll need to use a different ZIP Code. Try a neighboring community that might have the same or similar channels.”

I have been on the phone with tech support for almost 2 hours and keeping getting the same result. We have tried different local ZIP Codes, ZIP Codes far away, Antenna Only input, and Cable and Antenna Iputs with Cable Card both "Not to be installed" and "Installed later." I have every combination possible, all result in the error message above. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you pulled the plug and restarted the TiVo?

Comment

Have you tried just rebooting the unit?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I know that sometimes the simplest of fixes sometimes get overlooked, but I have pulled the plug and rebooted the system many times. I did that before I contacted tech support and they had me do several times. In fact between each attempt with various ZIP Codes and "Antenna" only and "Antenna and Cable" setup tries, I removed the plug from the wall for at least 60 seconds. In case you are wondering I do have internet connectivity and I have even rebooted my router and modem to force a new DHCP assignment and hopefully force a software update if that was causing a problem. I have no way of knowing what software version I am on because I can never get past this initial setup. I thank you for you help and hope someone can think of something that I have not tried yet.

Comment

Try a very different zip code and see what you get - try New York 10005.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

As I said in my original post, I have tried many different ZIP Codes both local to me and remote, as far away as Wyoming and California even. Nothing so far has worked. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X