Using TiVo with Broadstar / Dish Network USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using TiVo with Broadstar / Dish Network USA

I currently have a TiVo premiere XL that I have connected with analog cable and over the air antenna feed using a splitter coming from my cable outlet wall. This is a neighborhood system called Saddlebrook Farms. With this I receive the program guide for the analog cable channels and can use TiVo normally. For the OTA HD Digital channels TiVo can see them and record but only manually. There was never a M-Card type of service available from this provider.

My community is upgrading or changing to a company called BroadStar which will be providing Dish Network USA programming through the existing cable wiring. I was told that the feed to the home is QAM.

I was also told that my TiVo would work if I purchased an M card which I have done.

I wanted to preview guided set up and found that BroadStar / Dish USA are not listed as cable providers for my zip code. I found on zap2it.com that the Dish Network USA guide they have is indeed identical to the programming I will receive. Is there a way to get this program guide added for TiVo use?

The digital desktop being provided is a Wally unit.

Will my TiVo with an M-Card replace the Wally unit? Or work with it?

If this new service ultimately works with my TiVo & M-Card I would most definitely upgrade to a newer TiVo.

My street’s upgrade to the new system is 4 to 5 weeks out. I am hesitant to upgrade TiVo until I see if what I have onb the way – works.

Sorry for the long post but any incite you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

My guess would be that your provider will get the guide data to TiVo/Rovi once it's up and running.

But you could also potentially find a zip code that uses this system and just use that zip code to get your guide data.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X