Tivo Bolt+ No video output, no lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Bolt+ No video output, no lights

Hello, so my Bolt+ is powering on when I plug it in (I hear the fan and the hard drive spool up) but there are no lights on the front of the device and no video output. I've tried cold booting it (removing the cable card, Ethernet, coax and AC power for 30 minutes) with no luck. Does this sound like a power supply issue? Does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

I'd like to do whatever I can to get the shows saved on it transferred to another Tivo or my laptop so my wife doesn't kill me. Can I slave the hard drive as a secondary drive on another Tivo or my computer to transfer the .tivo files? If not, maybe I can transfer the power supply from another Bolt I have to this Tivo to get the shows off. I'd appreciate any ideas to save my Bolt and my marriage.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by pr4424 View Post
    Hello, so my Bolt+ is powering on when I plug it in (I hear the fan and the hard drive spool up) but there are no lights on the front of the device and no video output. I've tried cold booting it (removing the cable card, Ethernet, coax and AC power for 30 minutes) with no luck. Does this sound like a power supply issue? Does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

I'd like to do whatever I can to get the shows saved on it transferred to another Tivo or my laptop so my wife doesn't kill me. Can I slave the hard drive as a secondary drive on another Tivo or my computer to transfer the .tivo files? If not, maybe I can transfer the power supply from another Bolt I have to this Tivo to get the shows off. I'd appreciate any ideas to save my Bolt and my marriage.

Thanks in advance!
    Just to update my own thread, I tried the AC Plug from my Bolt on my dead Bolt+ and it worked. If you have the same issues I had, try that first!

Comment

We do have replacement Bolt power bricks if you need one. I see we don't have them on the site yet, but just email us at [email protected] and we can figure it out.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Had a similar problem after power loss. Kept rebooting by removing plug from back of Bolt... no luck. It would power on but no lights or output. Finally unplugged the power "block" from the wall/power strip. Waited, plugged back in and everything started working. Worth a try!

Comment

Working...
        X