Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Options for rebooting Roamio

Quote Originally Posted by TishTash View Post
    Well, you just eliminated for me the possibility that Ethernet would work (the only option I hadn't tried). It appears that changing the mode of internet access buys some time, for whatever reason.

It's odd that you and I seem to have the exact same issue. What capacity of storage do you have?
    I read back in the posts and you have a bigger TiVo than mine which means it is newer than mine. When I bought mine I bought the biggest. Have you had problems with TiVo hard drives before this? From your posts it sounds as if you have or have had other TiVos. I saw where weaknees had a bigger Roamio. I was seriously thinking about getting one, but if hard drives fail within 3 years I'm not sure that is the route I want to go. By the way, I love my Roamio. 6 tuners, and if a show is on one of the 6 tuners I can record it even if it has been on almost an hour. This TiVo was amazing.

Did you ever find an answer to this problem. I have not. Still same thing. As soon as the TiVo connects to the internet it reboots. Every once in awhile I can get it to stay on long enough to download latest info from TiVo, but it's just a matter of luck. If you found any answer or if you just gave up and sent it in for repair, please let me know. Just don't want to lose my shows. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i ran the SMART test and it passed both drives thru all of the tests that it ran thru the smart test. When my TiVo restarts it shows all of my recorded shows and I can play any of them. But after about 3 minutes it reboots. Please tell me do you have the TiVo with the expanded external drive.

Not sure what you mean about an external drive. But we do have upgrades for every model here:

https://www.weaknees.com/upgrades.php
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Michael View Post
    Not sure what you mean about an external drive. But we do have upgrades for every model here:

https://www.weaknees.com/upgrades.php
    Michael, I'm afraid to tell you that another, separate TiVo of mine has succumbed to this issue. Once again, the only time it repeatedly reboots (within 3 minutes) is when it's connected to a live internet connection, otherwise it remains on, can record (w/available guide data) and all recorded programs are accessible. The three of us who've had this problem all have external drives. Is there any pattern to this that's helpful to finding some solution? Thanks.

Compound problems are definitely hard to diagnose, but virtually every TiVo with an external drive is connected to the internet.

Are you using Minis with this unit?

Compound problems are definitely hard to diagnose, but virtually every TiVo with an external drive is connected to the internet.

Nope. Just full units around the house. Whatever happens about 3 minutes in -- a VCM connection, an entry into the banner across the top of the screen, some other internet communication -- seems to cause the TiVo to burp away.

Here's an interesting twist: The two affected TiVos are Roamio PROs; the unaffected units are all Roamio Plus's. Other than the original internal drive original, are there actually any differences between the two models?

Nope. No other differences.

What is the full system version of the rebooting units?

Nope. No other differences.

What is the full system version of the rebooting units?
    20.7.2.RC24-USA-6-840, although I just got them to load 20.7.4.RC2-840-6-840.