Unplugged TiVo Roamio Plus, now won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unplugged TiVo Roamio Plus, now won't boot

I recently unplugged my Roamio Plus when I swapped it out for a new Bolt+. When I powered the Roamio back up (with plans to reset the system in preparation for sale), it wouldn't boot. It stays on the initial "Welcome. Starting up..." screen for a few seconds and then reboots itself, looping through the "Welcome. Starting up..." screen continuously.

I am unable to run any Kickstart tests as the system never presents a flashing amber LED. I have tested the following:

1. Power supply: Using a digital multimeter, I have verified that the power supply is delivering a steady 12 V (actually 12.12V).
    2. Hard drive: I removed the hard drive from the system and connected it to my PC. I ran Western Digital diagnostics on it and verified that all sectors were okay.

I guess my next step is to figure out if the system can't boot because the filesystem on the hard drive is corrupted. If the filesystem data isn't corrupted, then I figure there's got to be some other hardware issue.

What's the best way to go about figuring out if there is filesystem corruption? I'm not concerned about preserving existing recordings on the drive. The only thing I care about is ensuring that the Roamio's lifetime service remains intact. Should I try to find a Roamio Plus image, re-image the disk, and try to boot again?

That really sounds like a bad hard drive to me - what WD test did you run on it and how long did it take?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I ran both the Quick Test and Extended Test from the WD Digital Lifeguard Diagnostics program. The Quick Test ran for several hours.

Comment

Have you tried booting with no CableCard, and nothing else attached, besides power and HDMI?

Are you connected to any sort of HDMI switcher or receiver?

Comment

I've booted with nothing but a power cord and HDMI connected directly to a TV. The cable card has been removed and installed into the new TiVo Bolt+.

Comment

Then I'd try a new drive. We've seen drives that pass all diagnostics but still mysteriously cause problems in TiVos.

Comment

Working...
            X