What does the tuning adapter do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the tuning adapter do

While (slowly) working toward replacing the Roamio that has gone bad, I moved the earlier TiVo HD from the cabinet to a table so that I could use it while making some alterations to the cabinet. As an initial trial, I connected the Roamio coax port to the incoming Time Warner cable (recently renamed Spectrum), the TiVo HDMI port to the TV set, and its Ethernet port to the router. I did not, as a first try, place the tuning adapter between the TiVo and the incoming cable.

I was a bit surprised that this setup is running and is doing everything I've tried. Apparently the tuning adapter doesn't provide any capability I need.

What function am I missing, not having the adapter in the setup?

If I don't need the adapter with this TiVo, would the Roamio also be able to get along without it? Does the Bolt need it?

I would appreciate an explanation of what's going on.

Many thanks.

Stratton McAllister

To tune certain channels, you should need that tuning adapter. Have you tried every single channel without it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well, no - I'm sure I haven't tried EVERY single channel, but I think I've had a look at all the ones I care about. I guess I'll make another run through them to be sure.

Of course I could just put it back in since I still have it around. But it is another box I'd just as soon not have in the cabinet. I suppose I could just ask Spectrum, but I probably won't unless I run into some trouble.

Many thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X