how to open and clean Roamio remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to open and clean Roamio remote?

I have two Roamio remotes that have started to display symptoms of bad contacts on some switches. (Activation requires heavy or repeated presses on some buttons; other buttons are fine.) The batteries are fresh. My backup remote functions normally, so the problem is not with the Roamio units.

I know that typical rubber-membrane switches can degrade in various modes, including contact wear and grease/oil/crud buildup. I'd like to take the remote apart to clean the contacts, but I see no way to do so. There don't appear to be any accessible screws, and I was unable to pry the housing apart along the (very narrow) seam.

I tried squirting contact cleaner generously around the inside of the remote; no improvement.

Can anyone tell me how to get the remote apart without damage? Thanks!

These remotes are not meant to be opened. You'd have to pry it with a screwdriver or some other device (there is a small seam running down the middle lengthwise) and the chances of breaking it are quite good. If the remotes are bad, then it may be time to replace them. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
    X