TiVo bolt + constant tuning adapter error notification spectrum/TWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo bolt + constant tuning adapter error notification spectrum/TWC

My TiVo gives me a error message on every channel. "Channel not provided by the tuning adapter. Contact your cable provider". We get the channel. You see the picture perfectly and the audio. We're talking every channel. It happens every day all day, all channels. Doesn't matter if I change channels. This is a TiVo error message, not time warner. Any suggestions?

Pretty strange - have you tried rebooting the Bolt and the tuning adapter?

Is there a number on the error message?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have rebooted it and the tuning adapter. I even see the error on another tv that has a TiVo mini. It does clear it but it comes back an hour or two later. I am sending everything through a router. Have wondered if that's been an issue. I called a guy at tW and he couldn't figure it out but he did say this tuner wasn't the best. He recommended I get them to swap out for a Cisco unit.

The TW people have been great to work with. I'm going to call the TW repair guy that did the install. He said call him direct if I nneded anything. Going to see if I can get him to swap out for a Cisco tuner. Was a Directv user for 18 years. Nothing but trouble last 3 years. Everyone said don't do TWC they are awful. I have found them to be wonderful.

Comment

I have Spectrum cable here in Michigan and I am having the same exact problem. My setup is a Tivo Premier with tuning adapter. Resetting the Tivo does fix the problem, but its very annoying. We could be watching a channel and the picture disappears and error pops up. I was starting to think it was my older Tivo box that might be causing the issue. I have not contacted Spectrum yet, but will call and post back on what they tell me. If anyone else is having this issue and has had success in fixing, please post for us here. Thanks!

Comment

Have any of you been able to resolve this? I have this problem with a different twist. The tuning adapter works some of the time, but some times you land on a channel in the guide that just can't be tuned. It throws up the tuning adapter error (must press CLEAR on the remote to exit it). But before you can do anything else, it throws the error again and you must again press CLEAR. It's stuck in an infinite loop of suck that you can't get out of. No way to navigate to a channel it can tune as it throws the error too quickly. Rebooting both the tivo and tuning adapter have no effect. Seems like a major defect in the TiVO OS to not allow you to navigate to a channel you do get without throwing this low level exception you can't get out of.

Comment

I dealt with this a couple of times, for a long time, as I had 2 tuning adapters. The fix is to replace the tuning adapters.

Comment

Working...
            X