BOLT+ Double mobile stream crash problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOLT+ Double mobile stream crash problem

I have been troubleshooting a really nasty product problem with my brand new Bolt+ with TiVo executive support for just over a week. The representative is super nice and seems competent, but to date we have not been able to resolve this issue.

To make a long story short, if the Bolt+ is tuned in to a live TV station and I start up two mobile streams (any combo of iOS/Android/browser), doesn't matter if those streams are recorded content or live TV streams, the TiVo will immediately reboot itself. If I stream just one mobile stream, it does not crash, and there is no issues with crashing when streaming from Mini's.

We have tried to swap the Bolt+ and it made no difference. I have a strong signal with SNR in the 39-41 range and I attempted to pad down the signal strength up to -18dB (as much of a pad as I can put on there without no channels coming in, did this with combos of 2, 3 and 4 ways to test at various levels). Regardless, two (mobile) streams with a live TV tuned in to a valid channel and boom, unit crashes and reboots. It is 100% reproducible for me with both the new and replacement unit, but TiVo has not been able to reproduce in their lab. If the Live TV tuner is on a channel that does not come in, i.e. 777, two mobile streams work fine, no crash, then as soon as I put the live tuner to a valid channel, boom -- it crashes. The only thing left for me to try is to swap the cable card, which I'll do next week, but this really seems like either a SW bug, an issue affect all Bolt+, or minimally an issue impacting my two Bolt+s, both of which were which manufactured on the same day. Anyone else have a Bolt+ to try to repro this or any thoughts on what else I can try? I have tried everything I can think of other than swapping out the cable card which I'll do next
    Last edited by pete0007; 07-22-2017, 04:40 PM.

I really haven't seen this, so I doubt it's systemwide.

Any chance it's a power issue? What is your power plugged into? Did TiVo swap out your power brick with a replacement when they sent out the replacement unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Anything is possible, but I tried a replacement power brick that came with the new replacement they sent and I also tried to plug in to a different location as well. Perhaps all of the power supplies they are sending out with new units are defective. This is one of the oddest problems I have ever seen, so anything is possible.

As long as it is tuned in to a live TV station, it will implode as soon as that second stream starts. You can make all tuners busy recording, use two mini's, watch live TV, nothing bad happens, you can stream one stream, nothing bad happens, but as soon as you stream that second mobile stream with the Bolt+ tuned in to a live TV station, that's when it reboots. If you tune it in a station that won't come in, then the two streams work fine, then change the live tuner to a station that does come in and it reboots.

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      I really haven't seen this, so I doubt it's systemwide.

Any chance it's a power issue? What is your power plugged into? Did TiVo swap out your power brick with a replacement when they sent out the replacement unit?

Comment

Then you really should try a new CableCard. It's basically all that's left.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yup, I'm with you. I intend to do that this week as I agree it's the only thing left. A bit of a pain since it's an hour and a half out of my day to drive to the cable company.

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Then you really should try a new CableCard. It's basically all that's left.

Comment

Sigh, no difference with brand new Cablecard.

Originally posted by pete0007 View Post
            Yup, I'm with you. I intend to do that this week as I agree it's the only thing left. A bit of a pain since it's an hour and a half out of my day to drive to the cable company.

Comment

Working...
            X