TiVo Premiere intermittently hanging at welcome screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Premiere intermittently hanging at welcome screen

Several days ago after powering off my Premiere (TCD746500) to replace the cablecard, it hung at the welcome screen. Thinking it might be a hard drive problem, I reinstalled the original drive (I had upgraded to a 2TB shortly after acquiring the Premiere 7 years ago). The original drive didn't work at all. The next day I tried again booting the 2TB drive and it booted up. Continuing to think it was a hard drive problem, I purchased a new 2TB cloned the disc image and the Tivo booted right up with the new drive. Several hours later I powered the Tivo down to fully install the new drive and replace the Tivo cover. When I repowered the Tivo it again hung at the welcome screen. It rebooted once or twice itself, and then I tried powering off and on several times with no success. I left the power off over night, and this morning I tried one more time and it booted right up.

At this point I don't think it's a hard drive issue. Perhaps a power supply problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

Looking for advice on the next recommended step--is it replacing the power supply?

Thanks

Comment

If this happens with both drives, yes, it's likely to be a bad power supply.

We have replacements here:

https://www.weaknees.com/cart/New-Ti...miere-XL..html
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X