Thread: TiVo Premiere intermittently hanging at welcome screen

Exclamation TiVo Premiere intermittently hanging at welcome screen

Several days ago after powering off my Premiere (TCD746500) to replace the cablecard, it hung at the welcome screen. Thinking it might be a hard drive problem, I reinstalled the original drive (I had upgraded to a 2TB shortly after acquiring the Premiere 7 years ago). The original drive didn't work at all. The next day I tried again booting the 2TB drive and it booted up. Continuing to think it was a hard drive problem, I purchased a new 2TB cloned the disc image and the Tivo booted right up with the new drive. Several hours later I powered the Tivo down to fully install the new drive and replace the Tivo cover. When I repowered the Tivo it again hung at the welcome screen. It rebooted once or twice itself, and then I tried powering off and on several times with no success. I left the power off over night, and this morning I tried one more time and it booted right up.

At this point I don't think it's a hard drive issue. Perhaps a power supply problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

Looking for advice on the next recommended step--is it replacing the power supply?

Thanks

If this happens with both drives, yes, it's likely to be a bad power supply.

We have replacements here:

https://www.weaknees.com/cart/New-Ti...miere-XL..html
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook