Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Premiere Problems.

Hello, first time poster.
    I have a Tivo Premiere with a 1tb external hard drive. This past Sunday I was watching a recording when the picture began to skip and lose audio. I switched to live tv and there was no picture. When I tried to watch a recording it said there was no video recorded, or something along those lines. At this point, I assumed hard drive failure. I restarted the box to see if that would solve anything, but when it got to the "Just a few minutes more" screen, another screen came up saying that it could not detect the external storage. I figured that the external hard drive had failed and bought a new one. After hooking it up, I get the same issue. No external hard drive detected. So now I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Would an internal hard drive failure cause the Tivo to not detect the external drive? I've tried doing a kick 54 and 57, but either I'm not doing it right (most likely) or it isn't working because nothing happens. Wait til the amber light comes on press pause and enter the code, correct? I don't know what else to do. Any advice? I'm considering running it without the external drive to see what will happen, but really don't want to lose all my recordings.
    Thanks

My guess is, all of your recordings are lost at this point.

Did you agree to let it "divorce" the external drive before you installed the new one?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      My guess is, all of your recordings are lost at this point.

Did you agree to let it "divorce" the external drive before you installed the new one?
      I don't know. After I lost video, I restarted it and it was at that point I got the message saying something along the lines that it needed the external storage connected and could not detect the external storage and to continue without it press clear. I've never gone farther than that. I kind of figured I lost everything, but I was still hoping. Do you think I should run it without the external drive hooked up and see what happens? I don't understand why it no longer can detect the external drive.

Comment

Yes - boot without the external connected at all, and agree to proceed. You'll lose your shows, but at least you can see if the unit will still boot.

Comment

So I booted without the external drive and it successfully booted! After that I restarted with the old external hooked up to see what would happen, but it still failed to detect it. However, when I hooked up my new external drive it was detected and seems to be working now. I guess the old external did fail and that affected the internal drive. I lost all of my recordings which sucks, but it's working again. Thanks for your advice!

Comment

Great!

You might want to check the internal just to see how it's doing:

https://www.weaknees.com/54

Try the "overnight" test.

Comment

Thanks I'll do that. One thing though:

3. When you see the yellow/amber light begin to flash, hold the PAUSE button on the remote. You will have approximately 10 seconds to do this.

IMPORTANT: Do not continuously hold down the pause button.

This isn't very clear to me. How long do you hold the pause button?

Comment

On your model, I think once the light stops flashing, you let go of the Pause button.

Comment

Working...
                X