Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tivo Mini won't boot. Just shows tivo logo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Mini won't boot. Just shows tivo logo.

Greetings folks,

We had a storm while I was away for the weekend and now my mini will not boot to tivo menus.
    It just cycles between a blank screen and the big tivo logo in the middle of the screen.
    No starting up message or any other text on screen.
    I removed the coax and tried a direct ethernet connection but it made no difference.

I re-ran guided setup on the Roamio that I connect the mini to but it made no difference either

Any ideas? Is there a way to factory reset the mini?

thanks,
    Rob.

I really don't think there's much you can do. The only chance for it would be if just the power supply was bad. Any other Minis in the house?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      I really don't think there's much you can do. The only chance for it would be if just the power supply was bad. Any other Minis in the house?
      yes! I bought two from you guys when you had the lifetime service included.

Tried the other power supply but it made no difference.
      The ethernet lights blink and then the unit appears to reset and try again... boot looping.

Are there any repair options?

Comment

Nope. These are basically not repairable by us. I don't know if anyone else works on them, but I've never seen a company that does.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Nope. These are basically not repairable by us. I don't know if anyone else works on them, but I've never seen a company that does.
          Thanks Michael! I think the only option is an out of warranty replacement with Tivo. My main Roamio is on a ups but this mini was not.

Comment

Originally posted by robf View Post
            Thanks Michael! I think the only option is an out of warranty replacement with Tivo. My main Roamio is on a ups but this mini was not.
            Yeah - if they'll do it for less than the standard $149.99, then that's a good option.

Comment

Working...
            X