Thread: SWM LNB and OTA

Default SWM LNB and OTA

I moved nearly a year ago (should have taken the SWM-8 with me) and in the old location I had DTV, OTA, and a SWM-8 feeding a Genie and HD-DVR with Whole-Home. Everything worked great (the Whole-Home ran over Ethernet, not DECA/MOCA).

New location, new equipment. Same Genie and HD-DVR. Same Ethernet in home. Now I have a SWM LNB though. So just one line coming off the dish, to a DTV splitter that goes to the Genie and HD-DVR. I also now have an RVU TV. Again, all Whole-Home is using Ethernet. I would like to add an OTA antenna back in to the mix. Is there a way to do this? I fully understand my Ethernet configuration is unsupported, but it works great.

Since I don't care about the DECA/MOCA stuff (it's not in use now) can I just split the antenna, and diplex the OTA signal in to the two feeds running to the two receivers, then diplex it back out at the target end? I have an AM-21 doing nothing right now that I would like to use. Not to mention I would like to be able to watch OTA in general.

I don't see how you could tell your Genie not to use MoCA over coax at all. But if you can accomplish that, then diplexing should work here too.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Thanks. Sounds like at the very least it's worth trying.