HR10-250 Accidentally Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 Accidentally Reset

I've got three HR10-250 units which still work great that I bought new. They are wonderful units for recording HD "OTA" shows, even though they're considered an additional unit on my DTV account. However, a family member decided to "reset" the unit (not restart) to make it "quicker" to delete old shows and season passes. Now the unit wants to start over like its brand new. The problem is that it now wants to "call in" to TiVo to get the "OK" to start functioning fully again. Yes, "back in the day" lots of folks still had land lines which these picky units were able to call out on fairly reliably. I do have an older Ooma "Hub" (VoIP), not the newer Telo, and the Hub still works great for my cordless phones. I've tried everything to get this unit to call in, but it always fails. I've tried many combinations of "pause and *99" with various numbers of pauses at the front, end and both of the *99, and I've tried it with nothing. It is the same result every time. Without calling in, all this unit will do is allow viewing of live DirecTV channels (in SD). I can't access the Now Playing List, nor will it load in any guide information until after it makes "the call".

Do the numbers this unit is trying to call even exist any more? If they do, how can I get it call in as I know of no one these days who has an old copper land line, plus a working DirecTV antenna.

Suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

The numbers should still work, but you really do need a POTS line to get it to work. You don't need a DTV dish for the dial in - just a screen. So anyplace with a fax line should work.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. I'll have to do some searching, but it helps a lot I won't need a DirecTV antenna; so I do appreciate the info. I'll post back with results when I'm able to do this. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X