Splitter SWM 4 Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitter SWM 4 Way

My son moved and his new place already has a newer (installed last year) Directv dish and a "Splitter SWM 4 Way" (MSPLIT4R1-03) connected to the four outlets in the townhouse. The prior tenant had a genie system connected, but my son moved his current equipment HR-21/200's and hooked them up expecting them to work, but they don't. I checked and the "Splitter SWM 4 Way" doesn't have a power inserter so I thought that was the problem, but I brought mine over and connected and he still isn't getting a signal.

My question is does he need to replace the "Splitter SWM 4 Way" with a different SWM for the HR-21's to work?

He probably just needs to reconfigure the HR21s to look for a SWM signal instead of the older signal. Try pressing the red reset button on each.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for quick response. We did reset them, but still no signal. Does the "Splitter SWM 4 Way" require a power inserter when used with the HR21's? Anything else we should try?

Comment

Well, that splitter requires you to be attached to a SWM dish or independent SWM switch, both of which do require a power inserter, yes.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Well, that splitter requires you to be attached to a SWM dish or independent SWM switch, both of which do require a power inserter, yes.
          Yes, that did it. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X