Endless Reboot with French menu option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Reboot with French menu option

It's the second time I have tried to activate the French menus option in my TIVO OTA. As soon as the menu is activated Tivo goes in to an endless reboot loop.

After trying almost every KS option the only thing I could do is put in a new Hard Drive. (I've twice to make sure it wasn't a defective hard drive - I'm a technician by trade.)
    The first time it happened (a few months ago) the problem was reported to TIVO. They escalated the issue I believe. Because today I checked the latest software version history for 20.7.4.RC2 and... Listed in the release : "Issue 473373: Switching language to French may cause the box to be stuck in an endless boot loop "

However my endlessly rebooting Tivo confirms : It's not fixed.

So if anyone knows a trick to have the Tivo start up normally. Please any help would be appreciated... I don't feel like swapping hard drives again...

Well... Answering my own post. 😕
    After trying and retrying almost every kickstart boot code. The Tivo remained in its rebooting loop.
    The only solution was to replace the hard drive with a freshly formatted one (I always have a spare.) I had to reprogram everything, but it now works.
    I'm still waiting for a Tivo support feedback.

Comment

Working...
    X