Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that darn no cable provider

hi
    I have seen the posts here about the no cable provider found, but none of the fixes offered worked.
    I have a premier , It had sat unused for a couple years, and just before it sat unused I put in a new hard drive.
    well I go to use it now and that no cable provider found . I have been through it all with TiVo and there conclusion is
    that its a software problem. I haved tried every reboot and kickstarter code , even took it to a friends house and no luck.
    I don't want to give up on it as it has the lifetime service. anyone have anymore ideas ?
    thanks so much
    eddie

Have you tried 00000 as the zip code?

That might get it past setup and to the point where it can download the latest OS, which might fix the problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

hi
      I haved tried the 00000 and even tried 99999 zipcodes, even tried Canada zipcodes under Canada setup.
      whwn you get to the cable card section and you test the channels they are all there, but when you get the zipcode section
      you end up with that no cable provider found. as I understand it , it is/was a TiVo update that caused this? even TiVo support
      told me they had the problem but that they had it fixed.
      thank you WK

Comment

Well, you might need to just get a newer OS on your drive.

Do you know what you have? You can press Info on the remote on the first screen once the unit boots, and it should report your OS version.

Comment

hi mk
          I looked and the os is 220.5.2.01.2.746 , does that mean a new hard drive ,which this one is , but was never used, or can it get loaded
          thank you
          eddie

Comment

Maybe 20.5.2?

We are currently using 20.7.x.

Does your 15-digit service number definitely start with 746?

Comment

hi wk
              the starting numbers are 746.
              thank you
              eddie

Comment

Then you may just need a newer OS - I can't guarantee it, but it's my best guess at this point.

See this page:

https://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

Working...
                X