Network WiiFi Adapter for a Pioneer 57H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network WiiFi Adapter for a Pioneer 57H

We just had Spectrum Triple Play installed and no longer have a phone line that will work with this unit.

I would like to connect it to our network. Do I need a Tivo network adapter or will any USB adapter work?

Also, I have two 57H and in one the DVD burner will not work. The other has a new hard drive (from you) in it. Can I clear all of the recorded programs from the drive and install it in the other 57H with a good burner?

Thanks for a reply.

Ken

Only specific network adapters will work.

We no longer have stock of wired adapters, but we do have Wifi G adapters here:

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-networking-parts.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What about the hard drive?

Comment

Yes - if you move the drive, then do a "clear and delete everything" it should re-serialize to the other unit.

Comment

Will I be able to do the guided set-up without a phone line?

Also, do you know if Tivo has a guide for the Spectrum service?

Comment

If you have relatively recent software, you can do guided setup with the Wifi G adapter - or a phone line, but not without both.

I assume TiVo has a guide for Spectrum in you area. They're one of the largest cable providers at this point.

Comment

Great info, Michael. Just want to add that I'm still running the Pioneer 810H I got from you guys (yes, I can still burn DVDs but only once in a while). Anyway, I have the Tivo G adapter for it and have not had any issue repeating guided setup (you recently replaced the power supply and HDD and no guided setup issues!). My provider here in OC is Spectrum and not having any issues with this unit at all (not so with tuning adapters). To get back to the OP. Yes, works fine with WIFI. Phone line is dead because I went with an OOMA box. So, all I have is wifi.

Comment

Working...
              X