Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roamio OTA welcome + startup, then nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio OTA welcome + startup, then nothing...

Roamio OTA (TDC 846510) quit. Bought it May 25th 2015. Is there a crash timer on these things? :-)

I powered it down, waited until it was all quiet, plugged it back in. Got the green circle on the front panel and the green circuit board LED inside, got the "welcome! starting up" logo on the screen. After about 30 secs, yellow circle flashes, screen goes dark then comes back with "almost there... just a few minutes more." After about a minute, screen goes dark (no signal screen), Roamio sits there with only green circle. I can hear the drive spinning but no reaction when I push the remote buttons. The yellow circle does flash on the button pushes but nothing else happens.

I looked online here and thought the drive might be bad so picked up a WD Red 3TB and swapped it out.

Same result!

What next?

I tried to get to the smart test before and after with the remote on start-up but I cannot get it to go...

I don't have an additional 12v 2A power supply here but that's my next trick...

Any ideas?

Yup - I would try a new power supply.

We have them here:

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-power-supply.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Picked up a power supply from Best Buy (just because it was faster to get), plugged unit in, got the same screens but also got to the system loading page - checking connection, account etc. Picture went pink/flickered a few times, made it all the way to the last item crystal clear, then (shit!) the same no signal message on screen. I've unplugged and rebooted a few times since and I get the welcome screen, the wait a few screen and then the no signal message... Do you think there's a difference in the power supplies? As in, do you think this |Insignia NS-AC1200 is not good enough? I'm happy to order yours if you think that is the next likely step...

Comment

I really don't know the specs on the right power supply offhand - but you have both there. Do they fully match?

Comment

ok; so I got another Roamio wall wart from a friend (works fine on his), same result... as in got a few of the set up screens but flickering, and now just "no signal" message on the screen.
          I'm gonna ship this thing to you to see what you can do. Should I leave the 3tb drive in or swap back to the original one?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

ok, update...
            brought in another roamio, plugged it in, all good until partway trhough the setup, started getting flickering pink screens alternating with black screens...

hhmmm...

Bad HDMI cable, maybe? Ran a new cable; no, turns out, HDMI 2 on my flat screen is hosed. Swapped the cable to HDMI 1, looks pretty perfect, no issues.

Put my original unit back in, went through the setup, flawless even with the new 3TB drive.

Now I need to get an HDMI splitter so I can use the Roku and CHromecast too...

What a week!!

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Those HDMI splitters really aren't the greatest, by the way. Given that it's a two-way signal, it's just not really built to be switched or split.

Comment

agreed; might be time to upgrade the Yamaha A/V...

Comment

Working...
                X