tivo help, not booting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo help, not booting.

okay. my tivo started acting wierd, so I rebooted it, now it wont boot anymore..

welcome starting up screen,
    green light flashes once. then amber light flashes a bit, then screen goes blank and tv says no signal. hd doesnt seem to be accessed. but it is spinning. tried to access the 5x menu. nothing happens. when I enter the code. the green and amber light flashes alternately for a bit, and then after that it goes blank screen an no signal. please help!

What model TiVo is it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      What model TiVo is it?
      TCD746320 is the model number of my tivo

Comment

oh and the kickstart codes dont seem to work.

Comment

On a Premiere, that's likely just a bad drive. We have replacements here:

https://www.weaknees.com/upgrades.php

Comment

I'll check into it when I have money to spend on the tivo.

Comment

the drive seems to work, it seems to be blank though. its a 1gig wd drive. so I must have updated the drive at one point. some how.. but it now seems to be blank. with no partitions or volumes or anything on it. windows wants to initialize it. I dont know if I dare.. I might need to try and load a linux vbox. before I start messing around

Comment

looking at it in gparted, it says its not partitioned. I dont know what happened to the disk, it seems to have blanked itself somehow.. any idea how to fix this without buying a hard drive?

Comment

looking at the smart data in gnome disks everything looks okay.. but I dont know enough about what parameters are important to see for a drive that should be scrapped.. or one thats fine for more use.

Comment

what partitions are supposed to be there? maybe if I recreate the partitions. it will be good again?

Comment

just tried a ./mfslayout.sh /dev/hda and no tivo stuff found at all.. but I guess thats normal when theres no partitions there, guess I gotta find a way to make it a brand new tivo hd somehow.

Comment

I'd test the drive fully first. Try the manufacturer's overnight test.

Comment

running an extended WD test now.

Comment

well the test came out fine. now I just need a image for a 746320 tivo.

Comment

We can format the drive for you:

https://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

Working...
                              X