Can 2 Remotes control same bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 2 Remotes control same bolt?

It appears from the setup screen that pairing a new remote erases previous pairings. I would like to have 2 remotes in different locations for the same box. Is this possible?

Yes, you can have multiple remotes controlling a single Bolt.

Comment

I've got a couple questions along the same lines.

I've got a Tivo Bolt. I have the existing white remote that came with it. It works fine. I presume it is an RF remote.

I have a second Tivo located on a different floor, far away from the Bolt. A Premiere XL and the remote that came with it. I am pretty sure the remote is IR.

I am planning on getting a slide remote primarily for use with the Bolt. Can I use both of these remotes (original Bolt remote & new Slide Remote) for the same Tivo Bolt ?

Will I have any functionality on the Premiere with the new Slide remote? IE can I do the same thing on the Premiere? Have BOTH remotes control the premiere?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes - the white Bolt remote has RF.

The Slide remote can only pair to one TiVo as it is also RF.

If you want to use the Slide with the Premiere, you'll need the Slide RF Dongle.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Yes - the white Bolt remote has RF.

The Slide remote can only pair to one TiVo as it is also RF. ...
          Michael,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Can I have the TWO remotes (Bolt and Slide) control the bolt without re-pairing each control each time?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes - that's no problem at all.

Comment

I have a 2nd white remote that will not pair with the bolt so I can use RF. I have tried the procedure several times and restarted the box, but it just stays in IR mode? The amber light blinks for about 30 secs then just stops.

Comment

Have you tried a global reset of the unpairable remote?

Comment

Working...
                X