Thread: Can one use Tivo Mini and Mini Vox with Roamio?

Default Can one use Tivo Mini and Mini Vox with Roamio?

I have a Roamio Plus and am using 4 Minis. I want to add a Mini VOX. Will that work?

Do I need to upgrade to the new interface? I don't really need the voice features but I can get a mini VOX from my sister who has an extra one.

Also, if I upgrade to the current special (renewed BOLT 500, lifetime for $299) can I continue to use my current minis and add the mini VOX?

TIA

Yes - another Mini will work there. You'll either need to upgrade the other units to Hydra, or downgrade the new Mini to the old interface.

I don't know about that promo, but sure, a Bolt would work with those Minis as long as it's a six tuner Bolt.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Michael View Post
    Yes - another Mini will work there. You'll either need to upgrade the other units to Hydra, or downgrade the new Mini to the old interface.

I don't know about that promo, but sure, a Bolt would work with those Minis as long as it's a six tuner Bolt.
    The promo is for a refurb Bolt 500, so the 4 tuner one.

I'll probably just stick to my Roamio and buy a bigger HD from WK.

How difficult is the downgrade?

While I'm at it (and a newb ?), is there any advantage to the new interface on the Roamio/minis? It appears that most people prefer the old interface and I'm a believer in "f it ain't broke..." unless there are distinct advantages.
    Last edited by cb11111; 02-23-2019 at 05:16 PM.

The downgrade can cause some issues, but on a fresh unit, nothing major.

The new interface is getting any new features and bug fixes at this point. I personally like it, but getting used to it did take a while. I find that, now that I understand it, it takes me less time to get where I'm going.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook