Season Passes not Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Passes not Recording

I have a Humax DVD TiVo from weaKnees with tons of hours - and I love it!

My problem is that I have some Season Passes that don't seem to be recording. I can see that I have the SP all set, but I have upcoming shows that I can see in my Guide that don't get in my To Do List.

I'm not getting episodes recorded - any ideas? It seems so simple - until they don't work!!

This can be a confounding issue, but usually the cause is simply scheduling conflicts or a preference set in your season pass. Here are a few things to check and/or try...

1 - Go to your Season Pass list and arrange it from top to bottom in order of most to least important. (When you park on a show title, arrows should appear beside it. Move over to the arrows, then cursor up or down to change the order of the show.) A higher priority show will cause a lower priority show in the same time slot to get skipped.

2 - Make sure each specific Season Pass is set to record either first run only, repeats, too, or all episodes, depending on your preference.

3 - Also make sure to set the number of episodes you wish to keep on hand and how long the TiVo should keep them.

4 - Make sure you have enough space. Remember that your TiVo's recording capacity at basic quality correlate to only about a quarter of that amount at best (for Standalone users like you, DiGer). It could be that your TiVo has run out of room and you have set all of your current shows to "Keep Until I Delete."

5 - Sometimes a future episode is on a different channel than the one you have set your Season Pass for. Either make a separate Season Pass for these showings, or create a Wishlist for that specific title.

Lots of suggestions, but I hope this helps!
    Last edited by WK-Jason; 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Turns out my season pass wasn't high enough in my list, and other shows were going on instead of it. Two channels at once just isn't enough! I need more!

Comment

Working...
      X