Thread: External storage with unapproved HDD - need a how-to link

Default External storage with unapproved HDD - need a how-to link

I have a 4TB SSD from Dell which was the internal drive in an older Bolt which I don't use anymore(it was upgraded by the previous owner, I bought it used). I now have a newer Bolt and I would like to attach the 4TB SSD externally via the ESATA port but I don't know how to do it. I'm pretty sure this has been done before and I know my way around hard drives, formatting drives, etc. So if anyone can point me to some instructions on how to do this I would appreciate the help! Or if it just isn't possible then that's fine too, I just need to know.
    The 4TB SDD worked fine in the older Bolt while I used it so I know it will work with Tivo, but I also know that Tivo has only "approved" a few select external drives, which sounds like BS to me since a hard drive is a hard drive and can be formatted for anything. I think...
    I also am aware that the SSD is an internal drive, but I have a caddy for it with ESATA cable so that's not really an issue.

My first post here, so please be gentle if I have overlooked anything important.

Frank

This is really not something that can be done in your home.

We can do it here with our custom tools.

See this page for info:

https://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Please note that we really don't recommend SSD drives in DVRs currently. They just aren't built for streaming video.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Crap. I've got a 4TB SSD and an old Bolt and both of them worthless.....