Thread: Bolt Vox - Faulty HDMI or PS?

Default Bolt Vox - Faulty HDMI or PS?

I have a one year old Bolt Vox (lifetime sub), and it appears to have died. Previously I was seeing a white pixeled screen followed by a green screen, then a blank screen. Assuming it was the HDD, I ordered a new one from Weaknees and swapped it out last night. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

When I plug it in (with the new HDD in place), I one of two variations:
    * White static screen, TiVo screen, green SOD, blank screen, green screen for slightly longer, blank screen
    * White static screen, green screen, blank screen

In both cases, the front display shows the green solid light after it is on the final blank screen. If I press TiVo or Guide I see the yellow light but there is no video output. At this point i don't know if it is the HDMI, the Board, or other.

Thoughts?

Sounds to me like a bad HDMI port. Do you have any other TiVo devices on your network, or do you use the TiVo app on iOS or Android?
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Michael View Post
    Sounds to me like a bad HDMI port. Do you have any other TiVo devices on your network, or do you use the TiVo app on iOS or Android?
    Yep, I have the TiVo app on iOS. I did speak with TiVo and they offered to send me a new box (obviously I will have to put the OG HDD back in it before returning it). But I am curious what to look for in the iOS App to debug.

Well, can you see and transfer shows in the app, when the unit is powered up?
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Will check when I get home, but I will need to swap the old HDD back in first since I don't even know if the knew one got anything written to it.