Roamio Pro Expander "Unsupported" on Experience 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio Pro Expander "Unsupported" on Experience 3

I had two TIVOs with a 6TB internal and 6TB expander drives.

Recently, on one unit, the 6TB drive failed, so I got a replacement TIVO (from TIVO) that came with a 1TB drive.
    I sent the unit to WeaKnees along with the 6TB expander (including it's SATA cable and power adapter) and purchased a 10TB internal drive upgrade.
    When I got the TIVO back, it powered up OK and worked fine. 6TB expander appeared to hook in OK (I checked the drive capacity on the Info screen and it was more than my other unit (a 6TB internal and 6TB expander).
    However, the new TIVO booted up running Experience 4, which we can't stand.

I went through the process to roll back to Experience 3, and that went OK UNTIL the TIVO started up again.
    The TIVO then noticed that I had an expander attached and asked if I wanted to set it up. I did.
    The next screen said that the Expander was "Unsupported"??!!!!!

It was working OK on Experience 4. Why not on Experience 3?

On the Info screen, it "sees" the expander drive (External Storage: WDC WD60PURX-64LZMY0 80.00A80),
    but won't use it (Recording Capacity: Variable, up to 637 HD or 4382 SD hours)

Any suggestions on what I can do?

When you downgrade the OS, externals get disconnected. There's no way to get it reconnected except to have us do it again here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      When you downgrade the OS, externals get disconnected. There's no way to get it reconnected except to have us do it again here.

Really? Well.. that is a kick in the teeth. I guess I should have told you I wanted Experience 3 when I sent it in the first time.
      So, is this going to cost me another $49.99 plus what it costs me to ship it to you?

Thanks

Comment

We really don't recommend trying to use the old interface. There's just no guarantee how long TiVo will continue to support the old interface.

Comment

We really don't recommend trying to use the old interface. There's just no guarantee how long TiVo will continue to support the old interface.
          Well, I tried to put it back on Experience 4 using the "App", and it won't reconnect the external device there either. It sees it OK, it asks if you want to set it up, say "Yes", and it says "Not Supported".

My wife is a TIVO addict and has been for years. All of her systems are "Experience 3".
          1. She does not like Experience 4
          2. She has a dual TVR remote (has the 1-2 switch) so she can switch between her two main TIVOs easily, and that remote doesn't have a "Back" button, which means it is crippled for Experience 4.

So, the question still stands:
          Is this going to cost me another $49.99 plus what it costs me to ship it to you?

You CAN set it up with the External on Experience 3.. yes?

Comment

If you would like to take this discussion offline, you can send me an email with a phone contact and we can go from there. (I presume you can see my email address).

Comment

Originally posted by youzguyz View Post
              Well, I tried to put it back on Experience 4 using the "App", and it won't reconnect the external device there either. It sees it OK, it asks if you want to set it up, say "Yes", and it says "Not Supported".

My wife is a TIVO addict and has been for years. All of her systems are "Experience 3".
              1. She does not like Experience 4
              2. She has a dual TVR remote (has the 1-2 switch) so she can switch between her two main TIVOs easily, and that remote doesn't have a "Back" button, which means it is crippled for Experience 4.

So, the question still stands:
              Is this going to cost me another $49.99 plus what it costs me to ship it to you?

You CAN set it up with the External on Experience 3.. yes?
              As a courtesy, we won't charge you to add the external again.

Yes, we can add the external in the old interface.

But, again, we cannot guarantee how long the old interface will remain on the unit.

Comment

As a courtesy, we won't charge you to add the external again.

Yes, we can add the external in the old interface.

But, again, we cannot guarantee how long the old interface will remain on the unit.
                Completely understood, and I much appreciate you waiving the repair fee.

I got your email with the return instructions.

Oddity. The instructions I received the first time said:
                ==============
                Items to include:
                -The DVR
                -Any external drives you use with your DVR, along with their power and connection cables
                -CableCARDs: We prefer to have the CableCARD left in the unit.
                ==============

These instructions say:
                ====================
                Items to include:
                -The DVR
                -Any external drives you use with your DVR
                -CableCARDs: We don't need them since we can't test with your cable feed, but leaving them in the unit is fine also.

Items NOT to include:
                -Any cables
                ======================

Yep, I'm confused.
                1. Do you want the Cable Card left in the TIVO?
                2. Do you want the eSATA and/or power cords for the Expander Drive?

Thanks

Comment

1 - No matter how we word this, people ask questions, so we're trying different versions. We really don't care on the CableCard. Leave it if you want; remove it if you want.

2 - We don't need those. We have plenty here.

Comment

Working...
                  X