Roamio possible HDD failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio possible HDD failure

Hello. My five-year-old Roamio seems to either have a bad hard drive or motherboard. I woke up the other day to all four lights on the front display flashing & was stuck at the welcome screen. I took the hard drive out and attempted to do a scan on my Windows computer using an external 4 drive docking station but not only would the hard drive power up but it completely messed up my docking station. The docking station holds 4 hard drives, each has its own power button. After attempting to power on the Roamios hard drive now only one of the 4 power buttons work on the docking station. I then took a chance & connected it directly to my computer. At first the computer wouldnt power up. I unplugged it & plugged it back in & it powered up the hard drive but it immediately started giving off a burning scent so I shut it right down. TiVo offered to replace the unit with a Bolt & transfer the lifetime subscription to it for $250 but if I can get the Roamio fixed for around half that price then I'd like to do that. You guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

I don't think you're going to be able to repair your Roamio for $125, so you might want to just get the Bolt instead.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      I don't think you're going to be able to repair your Roamio for $125, so you might want to just get the Bolt instead.
      On second thought, I think I'm just going to switch over to the cable provider's DVR. Like I said, the Roamio is only 5 years old & before that I had the TivoHD which also crapped out after 5 years. Not worth it to me anymore to own a Tivo.

Comment

Working...
      X