Noisy hard drive - Tivo Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy hard drive - Tivo Series 3

My Tivo Series 3 still works, but the hard drive is noisy and can be heard several feet away.

Is the hard drive about to fail?

Maybe, but maybe not. Some of those old drives can go for years screaming like an airplane taking off.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The noise is annoying and I want to replace it.

How long are your new drives guaranteed to be quiet?

Comment

We really don't have a noise guarantee. But your current drive is probably over ten years old.

Our drives really haven't had noise complaints.

Comment

My drive was replaced once and is 5 years old. Considering it was on 24/7 I am fine with it going bad after 5 years.

However, you don't offer a "no noise" guarantee (as would be expected with a new drive) and there is a 15% restocking fee if I do get a very noisy drive. So for me it's not the risk of getting a noisy drive from you. I purchased a new drive elsewhere that I can return (if necessary) without a 15% penalty.
          Last edited by brettbolt; 11-19-2019, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Can you tell us who offers the "no noise" guarantee that you decided to purchase?

Comment

They don't specifically state "no noise". But they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and I could have returned it if I wasn't happy without a 15% restocking fee.

I got the drive yesterday. It doesn't make thumping noises and I am happy.

Comment

May those of us following this thread know of where other drives with this satisfaction guarantee is guaranteed.
                I have had Tivo since 2013....Roamio Pro and the R-Plus...and 5 original Tivo Mini's... Weaknees shipping just
                went out for Roamio Pro and new original Tivo Mini... I am very interested in hard drives and how to recognize
                power failure or power failure about to manifest. Thank you!

Comment

So can you let me in on the secret?

Comment

Working...
                  X