Tivo Edge for Cable HCCP 2.2 Error Mssage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Edge for Cable HCCP 2.2 Error Mssage

• Any known fixes for HDCP2.2 error message on Edge for cable? This is my second Edge. Called Tivo support on first Edge and was told it was a bad HDMI port. The replacement Edge doing same thing. Have changed out HDMI cables, bypassed AVR, connected directly to TV, Panasonic 65VT50 plasma, which is HDCP compliant, rebooted Edge, I get 35-40 seconds of video after reboot then I get The HDCP error message but, still have audio. Have unplugged tv. Any ideas. Have had a Tivo Bolt+ 3TB for two years without any issues. Software issue? Tivo account and system settings state HDCP enabled.Thanks Jim M

I have the same TV and was having the same issue. I found if I unplugged the Tivo with the TV turned on, it would resolve it. However, that was a PITA. They kept telling me it was my HDMI cable, but I run everything to a high-end Denon A/V receiver which then connects via HDMI cable to the TV. Nothing else was having this error except the Tivo Edge. My prior Bolt which suddenly died, did not have this issue, but it had been replaced by the Edge. And that's when the error messages started.

When I received the Edge, I just used the same HDMI cable that had been attached to the Bolt. I also have an APC Uninterruptable Power Supply everything is plugged into and the battery in that had died, so I had to lug the entertainment center away from the wall to access the rear panels to unplug everything to replace the battery. While I was there, I thought maybe it needed the HDMI cable they sent with the Edge, which is actually much lesser quality than the 24K gold ones I had. But I went ahead and swapped it out anyway. However, in the process, while everything was being unplugged, I took the time to label both ends of each cable with what they were. I have low vision, and didn't realize as I put things back I inadvertently swapped the Tivo, which is plugged into the CBL/SAT on the Denon with the Blu-ray. But......this has solved the problem 99.9% of the time. I have only had to restart the Tivo by unplugging twice since doing this a few months ago, whereas it was an everyday occurrence before. So what happens now is my Tivo remote is programmed to start up the Denon and the TV when the On button is pressed. So what happens is it defaults to the Blu-ray, which is always off unless I'm watching a DVD on it. So I get a Denon splash screen. And what I've noticed is I'll get that and most times there is a lag before it tells me in the bottom what it is connected to and what audio signal is detected. I believe what is happening is that lag causes the Tivo to throw the error. Once I've received the information, I press the Tivo button and I'm at the Tivo Home screen.

I think what Tivo has said is likely the cause. Although I have top-notch HDMI cables, they are a generation behind. It would likely solve the problem to replace the one from the Denon to the TV with the latest and greatest. However, my TV is mounted on the wall and the cables are all strung through the wall. So I would have to pay a couple hundred or more for Geek Squad or someone to come in to take the TV off the wall and restring the new HDMI cable. Since I've found a workaround, that's how I'm dealing with it and it's not costing me anything. I think when this Edge dies though, I'm likely going to end my long-term relationship with Tivo (I was a first generation owner) and just go with a box through my cable provider. It will be much cheaper and I've not been impressed with the latest versions of Tivo. I think the older ones were much better at making suggestions based on what you were watching, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X