Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

This can be a confounding issue, but usually the cause for a missed recording amounts either to simple scheduling conflicts or a mis-set preference in your Season Pass. Here are a few things to check and/or try...

1 - Prioritize! Go to your Season Pass list and arrange it from top to bottom in order of most to least important. (When you park on a show title, arrows should appear beside it. Move over to the arrows, then cursor up or down to change the order of the show.) A higher priority show will cause a lower priority show in the same time slot to get skipped. Here's a useful link that relates to arranging your Season Pass list:

http://www.weaknees.com/seasonpass/

2 - Depending on your preference, make sure each specific Season Pass is set to record either first run only, repeats, too, or all episodes (meaning every time the show comes on, including duplicates).

3 - Also make sure to set the number of episodes you wish the TiVo to keep on hand and how long the TiVo should keep them.

4 - Make certain you have enough space. Remember that your TiVo's recording capacity at basic quality correlates to only about a quarter of that amount at best quality (that's for Standalone users...Directv TiVos only have one quality setting). It could be that your TiVo has run out of room and you have set all of your current shows to "Keep Until I Delete."

5 - Sometimes a future episode is on a different channel than the one for which you've set your Season Pass. Either make a separate Season Pass for these showings, or create a Wishlist for that specific show title.

6 - It's possible your TiVo has run out of Guide Data. Make sure you TiVo's modem is working and that you have at least 2 weeks worth of show schedules. If the TiVo doesn't know a shows on, it obviously can't record it.

Hope these suggestions help. But if there's something I'm leaving out, but sure to let me know.

-Jason
    Last edited by WK-Jason; 11-14-2006, 04:09 PM.
    That's all there is to it!

Missing guide data

After two years my DirecTV TIVO is suddenly missing random guide data. Is there a way to clear all the guide data and make the system bring it all down from the satellite?

Comment

This is a problem on the Directv end and users have been widely reporting the same issue. A fix seems to be in progress. Try rebooting the unit, but a thread about the issue has been started here:

http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263

Comment

Thank God for this site. Just 2 days ago, I ordered an R15 from DirectTV because they had "no idea" why my R10 wasnt handling the season pass properly. I then learned about the R15 and cancelled the order. I found weeknees using Google. I was going to try and replace my harddrive, but at this point I will continue to watch this thread for updates.
        BTW, my problem is that I missed the first show of the new season of The Office and discovered that many of my season pass items indicated "No upcoming shows" but when I go to the guide, they are right where they should be. Last night I manually added The Office, then suddenly all season pass items for that week were "found". Now however, the season pass To Do List, shows the programs in the oder they will appear, but under the date and time column, it shows, "nothing scheduled" or something like that.

ETA:
        Also the wishlist/search often isnt finding the programs at all. Only the program guide is finding them. (I searched for "The Office" and it wasnt there. )
        Last edited by Amadeus; 01-11-2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I'm having an issue where a season pass (at position 22 in the list) is not being recorded. Instead another season pass (at position 42) is being recorded. Any idea what's going on? Also, my programs that do not record are not listed in the recording history.

Comment

More information would be helpful. The position in the Season Pass list isn't enough. Are you saying that between two shows that air at the same time, a lower Season Pass is being favored? If that's the case, make sure that the show being skipped isn't a re-run. Also make sure you haven't marked other recorded episodes of that #22 show as "Keep until I delete", otherwise your maximum number of episodes to keep may have already been reached.

Comment

OK... I've got a new one for everybody... On my new HD Tivo none of the Season Passes are recording. The record history says "Power was lost or TiVo DVR was unplugged". Neither of which is true~! To make it even stranger, TiVo Suggestions are getting recorded, and if the A/V receiver that the output of TiVo goes to is on, then the Season Passes work~! I would really like to figure out this problem because I don't want to leave the receiver on 24x7.

Comment

Is your TiVo plugged into power through the receiver?
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

No, My TiVo is not plugged in through the receiver. I think I fixed the problem though... I have by-passed the A/v receiver for the TiVo, so it now goes direct to the TV via the HDMI-2 input and yesterday our programs got recorded.
                  Not sure why the receiver was causing problem, but since the TiVo output is HD I don't mind running it straight to the TV.

Thanks

Comment

That's pretty strange, but since HDMI is a two-way protocol, maybe there's something happening that we haven't seen before.

Comment

Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

hi,
                      No, My TiVo is not plugged in through the receiver. I think I fixed the problem though... I have by-passed the A/v receiver for the TiVo, so it now goes direct to the TV via the HDMI-2 input and yesterday our programs got recorded.
                      Not sure why the receiver was causing problem, but since the TiVo output is HD I don't mind running it straight to the TV.

Thanks

Comment

Randum Recordings

Recently, two of my tivo's have started recording different shows other than the ones I have in my Season Pass list. Example: ABC local news is scheduled to record at 5:00 PM, instead, a show on the History channel records. So far, this has happened about 7 times. Have any idea what's going on here? Is this the right thread for this problem?

Comment

What does the TiVo say in the recording history? When you are watching the show and press the info button on your remote, does the TiVo "think" it has recorded the right show? IF so, are you using a cable box? If so, then the connection between the cable box and TiVo might be intermittent and your TiVo isn't changing channels properly.

Comment

Hi Jeff, I checked the recording history as you suggested. The most recent occurrence of the problem just happened this morning at 11:00 AM. The Young & The Restless is scheduled (in SPM) to record on Ch.4 @ 11:00 AM. Instead, it recorded Ch.404 NCAAM: Butler vs Xavier on ESPNU, which is not in my SPM. The recording history says Ch.4 did not record because a higher priority program, Martha Stewart Show on Ch.70 HALL, which is also not in my SPM (and did not record).
                            Yes, I have a cable box on each Tivo. I have switched cable boxes and I still have the same problem.
                            I have three Tivo's and this same scenario is on 2 of the 3 Tivo's. I'm wondering if it could be software related.
                            Last edited by jchurch43; 12-10-2010, 03:25 PM. Reason: To add a paragraph.

Comment

Did you get any recording? Even the wrong recording?

It sounds like your cable box when to 404 instead of 4, which probably means you need to redo Guided Setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X