Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

Smile Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

hi,
    No, My TiVo is not plugged in through the receiver. I think I fixed the problem though... I have by-passed the A/v receiver for the TiVo, so it now goes direct to the TV via the HDMI-2 input and yesterday our programs got recorded.
    Not sure why the receiver was causing problem, but since the TiVo output is HD I don't mind running it straight to the TV.

Thanks

Default Randum Recordings

Recently, two of my tivo's have started recording different shows other than the ones I have in my Season Pass list. Example: ABC local news is scheduled to record at 5:00 PM, instead, a show on the History channel records. So far, this has happened about 7 times. Have any idea what's going on here? Is this the right thread for this problem?

What does the TiVo say in the recording history? When you are watching the show and press the info button on your remote, does the TiVo "think" it has recorded the right show? IF so, are you using a cable box? If so, then the connection between the cable box and TiVo might be intermittent and your TiVo isn't changing channels properly.

Hi Jeff, I checked the recording history as you suggested. The most recent occurrence of the problem just happened this morning at 11:00 AM. The Young & The Restless is scheduled (in SPM) to record on Ch.4 @ 11:00 AM. Instead, it recorded Ch.404 NCAAM: Butler vs Xavier on ESPNU, which is not in my SPM. The recording history says Ch.4 did not record because a higher priority program, Martha Stewart Show on Ch.70 HALL, which is also not in my SPM (and did not record).
    Yes, I have a cable box on each Tivo. I have switched cable boxes and I still have the same problem.
    I have three Tivo's and this same scenario is on 2 of the 3 Tivo's. I'm wondering if it could be software related.
    Last edited by jchurch43; 12-10-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: To add a paragraph.

Did you get any recording? Even the wrong recording?

It sounds like your cable box when to 404 instead of 4, which probably means you need to redo Guided Setup.

Yes, I got recordings, wrong recordings. I did redo Guided Setup, on both units. I have tried everything I can think of, including using the troubleshooting guide. I switched cable boxes, I switched Ethernet cables, and I rebooted both units. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Does it change channels on the cable box properly when you watch live TV?

Yes, I changed channels 25 times randomly using the number buttons and then several channels using the channel up & down button. Changed to the correct channel every time. I really appreciate your time on this problem. I'm at my wits end.

I just now checked out last night's recording of The Tonight Show. At 25 minutes into the recording, the DVR switched to channel 1, the On Demand menu.

Well, it may not be the DVR. It may be the cable box doing something random. Or it could be IR interference.

This has never happened while you're watching live TV?