Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't my Season Passes recording?!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I got recordings, wrong recordings. I did redo Guided Setup, on both units. I have tried everything I can think of, including using the troubleshooting guide. I switched cable boxes, I switched Ethernet cables, and I rebooted both units. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Comment

Does it change channels on the cable box properly when you watch live TV?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I changed channels 25 times randomly using the number buttons and then several channels using the channel up & down button. Changed to the correct channel every time. I really appreciate your time on this problem. I'm at my wits end.

Comment

I just now checked out last night's recording of The Tonight Show. At 25 minutes into the recording, the DVR switched to channel 1, the On Demand menu.

Comment

Well, it may not be the DVR. It may be the cable box doing something random. Or it could be IR interference.

This has never happened while you're watching live TV?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I never watch live TV. But I will give it a try. I even record the news. I bought my first Tivo the same year they first became available. I can't live without it. I now have 4. One is not working, I need to send it in to you guys to fix it. The one in the bedroom is working fine, cable box & all. It is only the two in the living room that I am having this problem. The strange thing is that, up until 2 weeks ago, they were working fine, then suddenly, one Tivo started acting up, and a week later, the second one started.
              The thing that is so puzzling, it is happening on two DVR's & both cable boxes. I have switched the cable boxes and it still happens on both DVR's.
              If the problem is IR interference, how can I find out if that is the problem?

Comment

To rule out IR interference, move the TiVo and cable box to another TV, in another room, and see if the problem persists.

Comment

Jeff, you rock! I separated the two cable boxes and haven't had any more problems. I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X