Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the weaknees #?

What is the weaknees #?
    I have booted into Weaknees. Then it asks for " weaknees # " ... Could someone please tell me what should be entered here to continue. What is the weaknees #?

Please see:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com

Comment

Again about "weaknees #" at command promt

Could you please be more specific of exactly where on the instuctions I may be going wrong. I have looked and still can't find what to type to make it work.

I tried the command and tyed "hdd" because the drive is connected to this IDE chain as well as the other commands without any results. Is there more to type next to weaknees # than just "hdd"? Please help me.

Comment

It's really a lot more complicated than that. What you are seeing is the shell prompt. You type in command line code there. If you go through the website referenced above, you should get the answers you need.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Did you go here and choose your Tivo model, then on the next page choose replace with one drive or with two drives. Then the next page answer the questions - 1)choose whether or not you wanted to make a backup - 2)If you have a FAT partition on c: - 3)If you're using Win2000 or XP - 4)If you want to save your existing recordings - 5)If you're moving this software from one Tivo to another Tivo?

After that you hit the button that says "Set Options". Then you get all the directions you should need.

To start the back up for example read down to where the commands are given (something like this depending on your options you chose earlier)

mount /dev/hdZ1 /mnt

then the next step:

mfsbackup -f 9999 -1so /mnt/backup.bak /dev/hdX

Did you get that far???
          Last edited by Bigdogb; 05-22-2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hello WK - Michael. At the command prompt "weaknees#" could you be more specific or give me an idea of what this "command line code" is going to look like, so I can make sure I am on the right page. I still couldn't find this command in the directions, it would really help me a lot if I knew what this command promt looked like, how it starts and ends, ect. I would really appreciate some help. thank you.

Comment

Bigdogb really spelled it out - if you go through the website properly, you'll see code snippets on a gray background.

If you aren't familiar with command line code, this probably isn't a project for you. We offer prep services here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

I tried all the command line codes listed in the instructions where it says weaknees #... without sucess. The Tivo hard drive is on Secondary Master and the CD-rom on Secondary Slave, which I took into consideration when typing the promt command. Could someone please verify the command line code that I would use for these settings. This is after booting Linux and verifying that all IDE drives are recognized, the command line code after where it says: weaknees#

Comment

What exactly did you type?

Comment

I typed this in making appropriate changes: mfsbackup -f 9999 -so - /dev/hdX (/dev/hdY) | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi - /dev/hdZ (/dev/hdZZ)

Also I tried many other variables and ways of typing in these commands.
                    May I ask how you would type it in?

Parentheticals are for two drive to two drive or one drive to two drive situations. Replace X, Y, Z, and ZZ with the actual drive identifiers, and remove either the entire parenthetical for one drive to one drive, or the parentheses themselves for other configurations as appropriate. Don't miss the "-" on each part of the equation. The pipe character - "|" - is made by typing shift-backslash

Also tried these commands in different ways: At the prompt, issue the following command (potentially changing "hda1" as in the note above for CDs, or to "sda1" for a SATA drive containing the image file):

mount /dev/hdW1 /mnt

Then, with sdZ as your primary restore drive:

mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -zxpi /mnt/backup.bak /dev/sdZ

Comment

So what errors did you get when you tried this?

Comment

command not found

Comment

When you typed:
                          Code:
                          mount /dev/hdZ1 /mnt
                          at the weaknees prompt?

Comment

Working...
                          X