This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkey2 View Post
    Hey Scott .. did you find a manual on your DSR704? interesting in doing a copy . cost? or where to find one?

Not trying to steal the thread .. WK has hdd's ..

..Monkey2,
    did You ever get/find a Manual for your DSR704??
    I see WK-Jeff (i think) replied/answered your quiestion with this:

Your manual can be viewed, printed and downloaded here:
    http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/Sys...ips_DSR708.pdf

IF that did Not work for you, shoot me an email,
    werksracer at yahoo

and I'll look to see if I have my manual.

I was just in Mooresville, NC, are You anywhere close to there?

Sc

Comment

DSR6001R01 - worth reviving?

My DSR6001R01 has always worked perfectly, but recently it's been showing programs with the recording icon still active far after the show has finished recording. Everything plays fine and new shows record, but the icon remains, so I decided to restart the device since it had been a while.

Now the device is in a constant reboot loop. After reading through forum posts I'm pretty sure the drive needs replacing, although it would play and record everything fine before the restart, and now the problem is with restarting not playing/recording.

It looks like a DIY hard drive replacement from WeaKnees starts at $89. DirecTV will send me a free standard def DVR for $19.95 shipping. Given that I have probably already lost all the things on my TiVo that I really wanted to watch, unless someone here has a hint on how to fix my problem, should I just go with the DirecTV option or is there a benefit to paying the extra $70 to keep the old TiVo alive?

Comment

Well, you're probably right, both that the shows are gone and that a new hard drive should get you up and running.

The TiVo approach means you get to keep the TiVo interface and remote.

The DTV approach is less expensive, but probably means another two-year commitment to DTV.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hello guys

I have a Samsung S4120R DirecTV with two input feeds with TIVO. The problem with the unit is that it reboots itself without any request from me. The rebott will occur at anytime, while watching TV or a recorded show or movie. The system will also hestiate the sound and picture for quite a long time (very annoying). I have been reading the blogs and kind of see where I might need a new hard drive. I know this is not much help in diagnosing my problem, however, would your recommendation be to replace the drive?

Is that possible now.?
          Have a good reply.

Comment

If you are getting heavy tiling and pixellation before the reboot, then perhaps this is your problem:

DIRECTV TiVo pixellating and rebooting

Comment

Black screen with a thin lit area running horizontal

I have a Philips DSR708 DVR that I upgraded over a year ago to a larger hard drive from Weeknees. A few days ago I turned on my tv and the entire screen was black except for a thin lit area running horizontal across the center. It looked like the whole picture was being shrunk down to a thin strip. Since then it's happened a couple more times while the tv was on and off.

I wasn't sure if the DVR was causing the problem or the TV so I pushed the Standby button on the DVR unit, while it happened, and again to bring it back on. All was fine with the picture again. I've skimmed several articles on the internet but haven't yet found a reference to this problem. I can only assume it will continue to get worse.

Does this problem sound familiar? Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff N.

Comment

Originally posted by feltbettor View Post
                I have a Philips DSR708 DVR that I upgraded over a year ago to a larger hard drive from Weeknees. A few days ago I turned on my tv and the entire screen was black except for a thin lit area running horizontal across the center. It looked like the whole picture was being shrunk down to a thin strip. Since then it's happened a couple more times while the tv was on and off.

I wasn't sure if the DVR was causing the problem or the TV so I pushed the Standby button on the DVR unit, while it happened, and again to bring it back on. All was fine with the picture again. I've skimmed several articles on the internet but haven't yet found a reference to this problem. I can only assume it will continue to get worse.

Does this problem sound familiar? Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff N.
                Sorry to say, it doesn't sound familiar at all. What model TiVo is it? Is the TV a tube TV or flat panel?
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hughes SD-DVR80 continues restarting after drive replacement

This problem started last week, and since the device is ancient I immediately replaced the drive. However, the freezing continues. I think I've narrowed it down to mostly occurring while one or more programs are recording and trying to watch something at the same time. But it appears to happen at other times, just much less frequently.

Since the drive has been replaced, I'd normally suspect the controller next, but I suppose it could be a tuner too.

I will say that the unit was much more responsive with the new drive, so I'm suspicious that there may be more than one problem active here.

Any suggestions as to what I should attack next, or should I just give it up as a lost cause and borrow the money to convert to HD now rather than later?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe.

-- C

Comment

Anyway to put an OLD Series 1 GXCEBOTD on a Network so I could watch Netflix movies online.

The reason I keep this old relic is I had increased hdd size long ago and I have lifetime subscription on it.

Can I replace my TIVO/Directv receiver and retain my Lifetime subscription?

Comment

Sorry, there is no way to get Netflix on a GXCEBOT (or any DIRECTV DVR, for that matter).

Lifetime is not transferable, but typically DIRECTV will honor the DVR service on your account if you get a new DIRECTV TiVo; you'd have to ask them to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X