119 not Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 119 not Detected

I have a dual line Directv dish, a multi-switch, (running directv on 3 TVs) and a Phillips TIVO with dual lines coming into it.

In the past two days, I have been getting a periodic message on my one set with the Phillips TIVO, stating Sat 1 cannot be found. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

The other two TVs (with regular directv receivers, and a single line) work fine.

All are going through the same multi-switch.

When running diagnostics I get on the Phillips TIVO:

LN 1- 101 degree (a) OK, 119 (b) degree (not detected)

LN 2- 101 degree (a) OK, 119 (b) degree (not detected)
    Multiswitch: None

Sat 1 System 1: 0%
    Sat 2 System 2: 87%
    receiver-ok
    access card-ok

I flip-flopped cables in the back of the Phillips unit to see if the results switched or changed. The results were the same regardless of what cable I placed into the back of the Philips unit.

I also flipped cables on the multi-switch.

I also manipulated the reception of each transponder (although I really do not know what than means)- On both satellites 101 and 119, I get a strong signal on all transponders for LN 2, but 0% for LN1. The only exception is when I move to transponder 23. I get a strong signal on both LN 1 & 2. Other than transponder 23- LN 1 fails.

Since the results did not change when I flipped the cables in the back of the unit or multi-switch, my logic would tell me one of the channels in the Phillips receiver is dying/dead.

As I mentioned, the other TVs running through the multi-switch and into directv receivers get fine reception.

But I am not really an expert at this- so that is a guess.

So before I went out to start replacing things..... I wanted to hear from some experts.

Thanks

mylesg
    Last edited by mylesg; 07-04-2007, 12:51 PM. Reason: new info

That's almost definitely a dying on-board tuner on the unit. Since your tests show the cables and dish to be OK, so all that's left is the tuner. Generally, it's not cost-effective to fix this. We have replacements here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      That's almost definitely a dying on-board tuner on the unit. Since your tests show the cables and dish to be OK, so all that's left is the tuner. Generally, it's not cost-effective to fix this. We have replacements here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
      Thank you for the reply. That was my logic as well- but as I said, I have no expertise. But before I go out and drop $100 plus on a replacement unit- I want to make sure.

Last night, for about 12 hours- everything came back on. Dual lines of TV and everything.

About 9am, it went out again.

The diagnostics NOW say this.

Sat LN 1: 101 degree (a): right side not detected
      Sat LN 2: 101 degree (a): right side not detected.

When I do a transponder check- LN 2 gives me a strong signal on all but two transponders, but LN 1 gives me no signal (expect transponder 11 works; yesterday it was transponder 23 that worked for LN 1).

System TEST Failed
      Sat LN signal 1:0%
      Sat LN signal 2:0%

Access card ok
      receiver ID ok
      phone ok

Again, I switch cables all around and still get the same results.

Still sound like a fried tuner?- if so fine; I just don't want to start randomly replacing things.

Thanks
      Last edited by mylesg; 07-05-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Yup - fried tuner, or maybe two now.

Comment

step by step as to how to

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Yup - fried tuner, or maybe two now.
          So with this in mind, Can I change out the tuner?
          Are there any step by step as to how to? Pictures pointing out what is what?
          I have an extra Directv Tivo that was bad from the manufacturer, turns out it was a problem with the Trinity Board (Software issue)
          Thanks

Comment

We have a person here who can swap the tuner chips that cause these problems, but we don't have instructions for how others can perform the magic. If you're interested in sending the unit in, repairs of this type generally cost $149.

Comment

Working...
            X