New DirecTiVo Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DirecTiVo Recommendations

I'm considering getting a different unit to expand/network. What unit out there is:

1. DirecTV aware?
    2. Easily expandable (600+ hours?)
    3. NETWORKABLE?

I want it all, I know. Momma says the same thing. So enlighten me, all Ye TiVo hackers out there.

Mike

We have DirecTV units on two pages:

R10s

Others

We don't really support or recommend the hacks, but we are pretty sure that if you want to hack the units, you don't want an R10.

We expect to have more varieties of DirecTV TiVos on our site soon, and all should be pretty conducive to hacks.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We have DirecTV units on two pages:

R10s

Others

We don't really support or recommend the hacks, but we are pretty sure that if you want to hack the units, you don't want an R10.

We expect to have more varieties of DirecTV TiVos on our site soon, and all should be pretty conducive to hacks.
      Well, just to be fair, the ONLY "hacks" I want to make are drive sizes. The DirecTV awareness and networking should be NATIVE in the unit I get.

I'm a worn out, 50-year-old telephone man, not a genius. When I use the word "Hack", it's the Geek usage, not the pejorative used by the media these days. Maybe I should have said "TiVo Tinkerers" instead.

Comment

yep, if you want to network them then you do not want the R10 (from what i have heard). you would want a DSR7000, DSR704, DSR708, etc...

and they do not support networking out of the box.... you must hack them to get this ability.

Comment

also, you will need a linksys usb network adapter (wusb11, version 2.6 or 2.8) for each box you want to use on the network. unfortunately these only use wireless b and only work with WEP encryption.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus View Post
            yep, if you want to network them then you do not want the R10 (from what i have heard). you would want a DSR7000, DSR704, DSR708, etc...

and they do not support networking out of the box.... you must hack them to get this ability.

Okay! Thanks for the reply and info!

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X