New tivo and new weaknees upgrade on a mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tivo and new weaknees upgrade on a mac

I'll be getting a new dual tuner Tivo 2 as well as a new 400 GB drive from weaknees this weak. The new tivo is through their life service exchange program (I'll be replacing my old Tivo Series 2 unit). I had actually replaced the drive in that first unit and it went smoothly. I want the same experience again ... so I have two questions (that don't seem to be covered in the online instructions):
    1. Should I first transfer the lifetime service agreement and fire up the new tivo (with its 80 GB drive in it) and THEN swap them out (or should I swap them out before calling tivo and making the change.
    2. I am on a Mac - and all the talk about /C drives and programs needed for this process make me nervous. I don't need anything off my original old drive nor (obviously) from the new 80 GB drive that I won't have used yet. Do I have to do anything with the computer?
    Thanks!
    -Doug

1a. It's never a bad idea to boot a new unit, dial it in, and make sure it works before you mod. That way any problems are covered by TiVo. (FYI: TiVos modified and sold by weaKnees are under warranty through us.)

2a. You won't need a computer of any kind in order to install a weaKnees drive upgrade; only the Torx screwdrivers we ship with the kit
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X