2 tivos, 1 with bad HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tivos, 1 with bad HDD

I have 2 tivos, 1 with a bad HDD(the 1 with the lifetime sub ). Can I just get another identical drive and copy the image off Tivo A to the new drive on Tivo B?? They are the same model and bought them around the same time. Where is the Tivo id# kept, is it in a sort-of bios or on the HDD

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

yes, the image from your working TiVo drive will work in an identical model once you boot up and perform a "clear & delete everything." The TiVo's ID for your service agreement is attached to a chip on the motherboard.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

I have a Toshiba RS-TX20 that I used about a year in 2004. I have shelfed the unit till now. I wanted to hook it up to another TV and it gets stuck in a power up loop. The hard drive sounds like its OK fan works hard drive appears to spin and step. Any suggestions? Is there a problem with letting a unit sit for 3 or 4 years without poer as far as CMOs battery. The battery measures 3volts. Had a lifetime TIVO sub.

Comment

I don't think it's the battery; more likely a drive, but if you want us to take a look at it, just contact us.

Comment

Working...
        X