Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have a series 2 240 tivo. I upgraded it to a wd 120gb drive a few years ago. This past week I got a wd 500gb drive and tried to upgrade again. I did not know that this was impossible. I followed the weaknees instructions for a single drive upgrade and it seemed to work until I put the 500gb drive in the tivo and it never got past the gray welcome screen. Then I tried the Hinsdale suggestion of a dd copy from the 120 to the 500 with the same results. I then tried to use my 120 but it keeps rebooting about a minute after getting to the almost there screen. I tried to restore the backup I made following the hinsdale instructions when I first upgraded to 120, when I restore them to either a 40gb drive or the 500gb drive the tivow never makes it past the gray welcome screen (I wait 15min). When I try my 120 it gets to the first almost there screen and then fizzes out and reboots. When I try to kickstart it and us codes 52, 56, 57, or 58 I sometimes get a message that it is upgrading the software but it still restarts a little after that without saying it completed and then it still goes back into loops. when I run test on both the 120 and 500 gb drives they report in working properly. when I try to use the weakness interactive instructions to get just the settings from the 120 (hda) to the 500(hdb)

mfsbackup -f 9999 -so - /dev/hda | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi - /dev/hdb

the message I get back is

Second MFS drive: No such file or directory
    Second MFS drive2: Illeagal seak
    Second MFS drive: No such file or directory
    Second MFS drive3: Illeagal seak
    Mfs_load_volume_header: Total sectors (233500672) mismatch with volume header (1210250240)
    mfs_load_volume_header: Loading anyway.
    mfs_load_zone_map: Primary zone map corrupt, loading backup.
    mfs_load_zone_map: Secondary zone map corrupt, giving up.
    mfs_load_zone_map: Zone mep checksum error!
    mfsbackup: Backup failed to startup. Make sue you specified the right devices, and the the drives are not locked.
    Restore failed: -: Success
    weaknees#

HELP!

what can I do now??????

I have another series 2 Tivo a 540 and I have the original drive sitting to the side, can I use that to get me out this mess?
Working...
X