Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaknees upgraded 2 Drive Tivo Died - change to 1 drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaknees upgraded 2 Drive Tivo Died - change to 1 drive?

I have a weaknees upgraded Tivo. Originally it was a Tivo TCD24004A with a single 40 Gig drive. I self installed a 160 Gb drive from weeknees and it appears the extra fan that came with my kit has died and now the 40 gb drive next to the fan, and above the motherboad, is going bad (it runs very hot). Now, my system runs for about 5 minutes and then reboots itself - even with the case off and a fan blowing on it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe my 40 gig is going bad??

Now, I'm hoping I can backup my 40 gb drive to my 160 gb drive and just use it as a single drive 160 gb Tivo when all is said and done.

I've burned the weaknees iso cd but before I start trying to copy the data (system is all i need - no need to save shows) from my bad 40 gb to my assumed good 160 gig I wanted to run it past all of you experts.

Is this (the cheapest) way to resolve my issue?
    Last edited by saltedwound; 07-28-2007, 08:46 AM.

Not exactly; you really are not going to get a good image from just the 40 using those tools, and not if it's bad. You would need to have software reloaded onto the 160gb, assuming it's good.

Comment

and if the 160GB isn't good, even though the base 40GB still is?

Comment

Working...
      X