weaknees boot cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weaknees boot cd

I've used the tivo interactive upgrade instructions 4 times 2 years ago...still running fantastic! Good job guys--BTW....Well its time to add another drive and I've been checking forums (whew, theres a ton of new info!)...here goes...
    Does latest weaknees iso have the swap file fixes (like MFSlive)?
    I read where it should be half the capacity (I'm going with 80gb+200gb)...i really can't see why one would let an 80gb drive sit on a shelf...
    Or will I be okay using 2 year old boot cd from previous "add a drive" installs?
    just checking.
    Thanks weaknees for providing me with 5 brackets, cables, and instructions.

Originally posted by Iriskitall View Post
    I've used the tivo interactive upgrade instructions 4 times 2 years ago...still running fantastic! Good job guys--BTW....Well its time to add another drive and I've been checking forums (whew, theres a ton of new info!)...here goes...
    Does latest weaknees iso have the swap file fixes (like MFSlive)?
    I read where it should be half the capacity (I'm going with 80gb+200gb)...i really can't see why one would let an 80gb drive sit on a shelf...
    Or will I be okay using 2 year old boot cd from previous "add a drive" installs?
    just checking.
    Thanks weaknees for providing me with 5 brackets, cables, and instructions.
    The newer weaknees_sata.iso does have the swap and alt partition size patches, similar to those in MFSLive. There are some technical details here.
    While the sata version is primarly intended for Series3 upgrading, you can use it for Series2 upgrading as well.

While the older Series2 upgrade CD doesn't have these patches, they aren't essential as long as you use the recommended swap size value of 127MB. There really isn't any evidence you need more than that on a Series2.

Comment

Working...
    X