Program your Directv DVR Plus Remote - HR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program your Directv DVR Plus Remote - HR20

These instructions are from the HR20 manual and will guide you to the on-screen programming of your white, Directv remote control.

You can program the DIRECTV Remote Control to operate your TV power, volume and mute, additional equipment such as a DVD, VCR, stereo, or second TV or DIRECTV Receiver.

1) Press MENU to display the Quick Menu.
    2) Highlight Settings and press SELECT.
    3) Highlight Setup and press SELECT.
    4) Press SELECT on Remote in the left menu.
    5) Follow the onscreen instructions to program your remote for your TV or additional equipment (AV1 and AV2).

Once your remote is programmed to work with your TV, the VOL and MUTE key control the TV regardless of the MODE slide switch position.

If you would like to change the VOL and MUTE to work with other audio equipment, such as a stereo, you can.

When you program the remote for the audio equipment, on-screen instructions will direct you on how to do this.

Factory Defaults

To reset the remote control and clear all but DIRECTV mode, follow these steps:

1) Point the remote away from your DIRECTV Receiver and components. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT until the light above the slide switch on the remote flashes twice (about 5 seconds).
    2) Enter 9-8-1. The light on the remote will flash twice, indicating you have cleared AV1, AV2 and TV modes.
    That's all there is to it!

Hey--I programmed the Advance button on my remote to skip ahead in 30-second increments, but now I want to go back to its original "skip-to-the-end" setting, but I don't know how.
    Help?
    Gmulls

Comment

I assume you are talking about a TiVo and not a DIRECTV DVR. Assuming that is correct, simply enter the 30-second skip code again and it will revert back.

Comment

advance button on TiVo remote

Thanks for getting back to me. But I don't know what the code is (I threw away the card that came with the new remote from Weaknees and explained how to set up the 30-second deal.)

Thanks for your help.

Gmulls

Comment

See:

TiVo 30-second skip

Comment

advance button on remote

Thank you--you're the best.

Gmulls

Comment

Working...
            X