Bolt Vox - Faulty HDMI or PS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Vox - Faulty HDMI or PS?

I have a one year old Bolt Vox (lifetime sub), and it appears to have died. Previously I was seeing a white pixeled screen followed by a green screen, then a blank screen. Assuming it was the HDD, I ordered a new one from Weaknees and swapped it out last night. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

When I plug it in (with the new HDD in place), I one of two variations:
    * White static screen, TiVo screen, green SOD, blank screen, green screen for slightly longer, blank screen
    * White static screen, green screen, blank screen

In both cases, the front display shows the green solid light after it is on the final blank screen. If I press TiVo or Guide I see the yellow light but there is no video output. At this point i don't know if it is the HDMI, the Board, or other.

Thoughts?

Sounds to me like a bad HDMI port. Do you have any other TiVo devices on your network, or do you use the TiVo app on iOS or Android?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Sounds to me like a bad HDMI port. Do you have any other TiVo devices on your network, or do you use the TiVo app on iOS or Android?
      Yep, I have the TiVo app on iOS. I did speak with TiVo and they offered to send me a new box (obviously I will have to put the OG HDD back in it before returning it). But I am curious what to look for in the iOS App to debug.

Comment

Well, can you see and transfer shows in the app, when the unit is powered up?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Will check when I get home, but I will need to swap the old HDD back in first since I don't even know if the knew one got anything written to it.

Comment

Working...
          X