TiVo Bolt Not Powering On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Bolt Not Powering On

I have a TiVo Bolt (TCD849500) that seems to have died. When the power supply is connected the red LED goes on for about half a second and then off. No other LED's are on. There is no video signal out. The fan is not running but the hard drive does appear to be spinning. I removed the hard drive and the same symptoms persist. I also have another external hard drive power supply that is 12V/3A that I tried and that made no difference. This failure may have occurred around the time of a thunderstorm but I can't swear to that.

Any thought on what to test? Is this a common failure? Should I just send it into WeaKnees for hardware diagnostics? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Mike

If you have lifetime service on it, I think you should send it in to us. See this page:

https://www.weaknees.com/s3s4
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      If you have lifetime service on it, I think you should send it in to us. See this page:

https://www.weaknees.com/s3s4
      Don't have lifetime service. I pay annually. Because of this, would it make more sense to just buy a new unit?

-Mike
      Last edited by hudsonTV; 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonTV View Post
        Don't have lifetime service. I pay annually. Because of this, would it make more sense to just buy a new unit?

-Mike
        In that case you should give TiVo a call; I believe they have a 'continual care' warranty and will exchange the unit for a nominal fee.

Comment

Well at least my timing on finding others with this issue is good.

I have the same issue with a Bolt+. Is it another issue or a bad hard drive? It's a lifetime unit still under warranty so I know Tivo will swap it out. (This same thing actually happened to me about a year ago.) I had them send me another external power supply but that didn't change anything. What's usually the problem on a box that acts like this?

Is it a hard drive or another issue? I really don't want to lose all the data on the hard drive. I have had a couple of spontaneous reboots in the last month and after I said that to the Tivo rep their script indicated it was a bad drive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X