Established moca/ethernet network no longer working properly TiVo series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Established moca/ethernet network no longer working properly TiVo series 3

I have three series 3 tivos on a moca network that has been working for years. Suddenly I can no longer consistently play recordings between them. Two of the tivos have actiontec moca adapters, the other TiVo has moca built in. The coax is Verizon Fios which is moca enabled, so I do not need a moca bridge.
    nothing has changed in the network or the router or the Fios service. But now, I can see each TiVo from every other TiVo, I can delete recordings fr any TiVo, but I can only play or transfer recordings from one TiVo . Do right now I have two tivos which can see recordings but can’t view or transfer on the network. I have one TiVo which can play and transfer from only one of the TiVos. I have rebooted the TiVos and my router to no avail. OhI also have an old TiVo stream which does successfully stream from all 3 TiVo to an iPad.
    Has anyone had. Problem like this?
    any solutions?

Could the Roamio have updated to the new OS?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

None are Roamios, they are all premieres. But I was wondering if this was a software update. But if so, I would think the problem would be pervasive

Comment

Sorry. Misread. But you actually said Series3 units. These are really Premieres? That's Series4. But either way, I don't think either has seen a software update in a few years.

Comment

Yes they are premieres. My mistake, I thought those were series 3. Two of them date back to 2012 and the newest to 2019. The newest one has the built in moca. I was thinking it might be a TiVo update. I don’t know how to tell if the os has been updated. I also thought if it was an update, more people would have the problem. It is strange that I can only play or transfer between 2 of them, and even that is one way only. By that I mean 2 of them can no longer play or transfer from either of them, while one can play or transfer from one of the three.
          I am wondering if I will have to remove them from the network (although I don’t know how I can do that) and then do setup all over again.
          it is frustrating,

Comment

I'd certainly reboot everything and see if that somehow does the trick, for starters.

Comment

You can try to reboot, for sure, but I am not optimistic. We have heard from quite a few people over the last few weeks with similar issues. Premieres are no longer communicating with each other or w/other TiVos. My guess is that it's a TiVo server issue, and TiVo isn't likely to fix it given the age of the TiVo model being impacted. Sorry.

Comment

Thank you for responding. Although if you are right I am not optimistic for a solution. I have been searching through TiVo forums and it appears I am not alone.
                i just wrote a ticket to TiVo support and they opened a case. But failed to give me a case number.
                Go figure!

Comment

Working...
                X