Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Crahes When Installing TIVO Desktop (Upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Crahes When Installing TIVO Desktop (Upgrade)

12/27/07
    I bought a brand new TIVO HD about 7 days ago.

I installed the desktop last week and it ran fine for 7 days without any problems. I then bought and upgraded to the Desktop Plus, got and entered the License Key hit Enter and my pc froze. I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled and still get the same error message. I unstalled using both the Add/Remove program feature on Windows XP as well as the TIVO removal program. Neither did any good.

When I try to open the TIVO desktop I get the following error message:

TIVO SERVER ERROR
    "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner."

I called TIVO customer support and they had no idea what i was talking about. They told me to call Digital River, the company that actually sells comsumers the desktop upgrade. I called them, they told me to call TIVO because it is an authentication problem. GREAT Customer service from both sides!!!

I emailed TIVO and Digital River. TIVO sent me an email stating to call their customer support line.

Digital River was to send me a refund confirmation email, that was about 6 hours ago - so far, nothing was sent to me.

Then I looked at mt Tivo Desktop icon in my start-up tray and it said that the Server was not connected. I clicked on RECONNECT TO TIVO SERVER and got the same error message above.

I have now totally uninstalled the desktop and nothing has crashed and my pc now runs perfectly okay.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Could the License Key be bad?
    How do I fix or correct the problem?
Working...
X