TiVo Desktop and auto-transfers to DVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Desktop and auto-transfers to DVR

TiVo Desktop 2.7 allows you to download content to designated folders, transcode it to MPG and push it to a designated DVR's now playing list. It seems like the only way to transcode content for appearance in the Now Playing List is to enable auto-transfers. Essentially the TiVo service watches designted folders for new video content, and when it appears, transcodes and sends it to the DVR automatically.

When I enable auto-transfers, content does get converted and pushed to the DVR. The problem is that many times when I reboot or log out/log back in, the content wants to get transcoded and auto-transferred again.

Obviously, there must be some kind of log file that tracks what's been done already. Perhaps I have a permission issue that prevents the file from updating properly. Does anybody know how this is tracked and if I can do anything to minimize the repeat auto-transfers?

Also, is there a way to disable auto-transfers yet still initiate a transcode and transfer manually (and without using 3rd party transcoders)?
Working...
X